"I prayed for this child and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him" 1Samuel 1:27

Friday, December 24, 2010

LET NOT YOUR HEART BE TROUBLED

As i sit here reflecting on today, my vision is not very clear. The "whys" of life sometimes do that to me. Tonight two of the kids and i made Christmas cookies and just had a fun time. We had Christmas music going and for the first time this season, i began to feel some Christmas spirit. I know, call me Scrooge, but its been hard for me to get there this year. But, as we were doing our cookies and having a good time, i couldn't help but feel somewhat guilty. My mind kept going to the ones who were not celebrating joyfully tonight. My mind kept going to the services we had just come from where two families lives were forever changed by the death of their son, brother, husband, grandson, son-in-law, nephew, friend.  And when i would think of this, my vision would get blurred. How could this happen? Why him? Why are they having to go through this? Why now Lord, he was fixing to be a dad, why now???? I have no answers for those questions. But i do know Someone who does. This was given to me at one of those times when the "whys" of life tried to take me down. Did it take my hurt and pain away??.........no..........but then, and every time i see this in my bible to this day, it reminds me that i don't have to know the "whys", i don't have to understand.........i just have to believe..........and i do. Praying for the Urbanczyk and Welch families today and in the days to come.
Some things that come
into our lives
and some things that are taken out,
we do not understand,
But someday we shall
sit at His dear feet
and read the tender meaning
of GOD'S LOVE
and praise HIM.....praise HIM.

"Now we see through a glass, darkly,
but then face to face."
1 CORINTHIANS 13:12

No comments:

Post a Comment