"I prayed for this child and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him" 1Samuel 1:27

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

DON'T THROW THE TOWEL

This is what my Cole says as he watches the kids playing basketball. He learned several idioms at school but this is the only one that stuck with him. He says this mostly at games but on occasion he has said it here at home. I can't remember exactly what I was doing the other day but i guess i was showing some frustration at whatever it was and i just remember him saying, "Kim, you want to throw the towel????" He wanted to know if i wanted to give up......was i wanting to quit. Honestly, i don't remember about that day. But i know about the last several days. And yes Cole, i want to throw the towel.

Ever been there???? Just totally frustrated with everything. Husband, kids, siblings, your work, husbands work, finances......LIFE.......

WHAT DID I JUST SAY??????

Ahhhhhhh, life.......the one where i wake up in the morning in my nice warm comfortable bed, next to a kind and loving person. the one where theres a good hot pot of coffee and whatever i want to eat for breakfast. the one where i can get the kids up and get them ready for school, put my arms around them and tell them i love them and then send them on there way. the one where i have a washer and dryer to do loads and loads of clothes that we really don't need. the one where i can feed the dogs and cats and love on them while doing it. the one where i can sit down and enjoy my cup of coffee and see what is happening in the world around me. the one where i can get in my car and drive to the job i have. the one where i get off work at 3 and have time to go to the grocery store and buy whatever food i want, for whenever i want it. the one where i  get to eat a hot supper, and talk to the family i have. the one where i have a hot shower each night and that warm comfortable bed to crawl into. the one where i have loving arms to wrap around me anytime i want them or need them. LIFE.......LIFE..........i really have it tough, huh.

WONDER HOW THESE LITTLE ONES FEEL ABOUT THEIR LIFE?????








Forgive me Father when i think i have it tough. Continue to break my heart for the things that break Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment