"I prayed for this child and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him" 1Samuel 1:27

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

THE VIEW

My view.....my perspective......how I see things......is sometimes so blurred. I know the good Lord must get so tired of re-directing me to positive thinking!  I think thats ONE of the reasons He gave me Cole Lawrence.  Yesterday on the way to take him to school, Chrissy called and they were talking and she told him she was stuck in traffic(in Austin) and looked like she was gonna be late for work. He said, "make you mad....awwww I sorry."  When he got off the phone, he said "we better pray for gig and that traffic so she don't get wrote up." (everyday he tells me we're late and Mrs. Dutton is going to "write him up!" or, "Coach Corcoran is gonna "tear my *** up!!"   yes, he does pray like a saint....but he also has a mouth on him!  he's a work in progress, just like his mom.) Anyway, I said go ahead and he said this.."Lord Jesus, please help gig get out that traffic jam so she don't get wrote up....I just lift those cars up to you right now....just lift them up....in Jesus name i pray....amen."  Now then.......what do you think his view was???  I know it wasn't like mine would of been had I been stuck in traffic.  I would of been beating on the steering wheel....HURRY UP AND MOVE CARS....MOVE. All i probably would of thought about is being late for work.  I certainly wouldn't have thought about "lifting these drivers, these other people, up to the Lord or their cars!"   I wonder if he thought God would actually "lift those cars right out of the way" so gig could get to work on time.  I don't know, but I know this.....Mark 10:15 says, "I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."   Cole Lawrence, I love you beyond measure........ I want to have your faith.....I want your perspective, your view of things.  I want to see as you see.  Thank you Lord, for this child, please continue to use him to teach me of YOUR love and YOUR grace and YOUR faithfulness...in YOUR precious name I pray. amen.

2 comments:

  1. Kime, he truly is a work of GOD, you & many others have been blessed by Cole, I certainly have been so blessed by COLE. I can just see he & Gabe having school or just going for a walk down the road, they will be best buddie!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, we pray that Gabe will soon be with his "FOREVER FAMILY,"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Such a precious boy!

    ReplyDelete