"I prayed for this child and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him" 1Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

STILL HERE.....STILL WAITING......

Sorry I haven't been real good at updating my blog.  I just don't know alot of new things to tell. We have been told Gabe's release papers should be where they need to be this week and then we're still looking at maybe 30 days before we can go.  Ugh..... I want to go now!  We still are waiting on USCIS clearance here in US also.  So please, don't forget us......keep praying that everything will go smoothly and we will have our son home soon.   In the mean time.....I wanted to share these thoughts and these pictures of what  LOVE and A FAMILY can do.



This is the first time I saw this little orphan child.  I'll NEVER forget this. He made no eye contact, didn't respond to me talking to him, didn't know how to respond to my touch and my trying to cuddle him. There was nothing. Just a blank look and distance.

But in just a short time, that look.......that blank stare and that distance.......slowly began to fade away.

Our LOVE for this child, began to show in his eyes, in his smile, and in his body language. He was a different little boy.







SAMUEL TADAS COLE LAWRENCE



Now, fast forward about 13 yrs. ( I can't believe its been that long!)



Last night at the awards assembly, Rylie received 6 different awards. She is a very good student and we are really proud of her. And then theres my little, big man!  Cole didn't know he was receiving an award, so when Mrs. Shahan called his name, he was so delighted!  So much that he gave her a kiss on the cheek!! I was in tears of course.

Who would of thought........ that same little orphan who made no eye contact, who looked so sad, and who didn't know HOW to be loved......

would turn out to be

the HAPPIEST

MOST LOVEABLE

LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!

Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs on our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know and holds us responsible to act" Proverbs 24:12




2 comments:

  1. Oh my soul, how that boy has changed from that baby we brought home 16 yrs ago & how he has changed all of our lives. He is the light of my life that keeps me pluging along from day to day. God knew I was going ti have this darn stroke, so he sent Cole for me & everyone to love & teach us to love no matter what the suitation is, he is our bright, shining, bright light, Kime i love you so much for having strength & faith in our FATHER, GOD.......mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing!!! Our Dusty is already doing so much better - like your Sam - he didn't make eye contact or smile or want to be held... What a difference ALREADY - God is showing his GLORY! Thanks for all the prayers! You continue to be in ours too!
    Love & Blessings!
    Amy & Family

    ReplyDelete