"I prayed for this child and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him" 1Samuel 1:27

Monday, March 28, 2011

A PRECIOUS PRINCESS

This little love is Carrington. She is in Cook Childrens Hospital in Ft. Worth. I had the privilege of staying with her all Sunday evening and night. Just looking at the picture below brings tears to my eyes. One, because she is so so precious. Two, because the picture below doesn't even begin to tell the story.

                                          


You see, the story actually began 3 1/2 years ago in a country where a child like this is not acceptable. Even if her parents had wanted to keep her, chances are, they wouldn't have simply because they too would have been shunned. So, little Carrington has spent the last 3 1/2 yrs. doing nothing much but laying in a bed with little interaction. How she survived her environment is only by the grace of God.


But, survive she did. All 11 pounds of her.   Yes. 11 pounds........she is 3 1/2 years old.  Remember, I said the picture didn't tell the whole story. I'm not sure when this picture was taken, but I can promise you, her frail little body is nothing but skin and bones. When I got to the hospital yesterday, I was looking forward to meeting her mom Shelly, but we just missed each other. After I walked into the room though, I was glad she had already gone because I got pretty emotional when I saw this baby girl and I sure didn't want to upset mom with MY emotions. But, after the initial shock, the nurse came in and told me she was SO MUCH better than when she first came in. They landed at DFW and immediately went to the hospital with her. I just can't imagine that plane ride home. The fear of, would she make it or not.  But God is good, and she is doing better and has even gained about 1 pound I think. She is just beautiful. Big ole brown eyes, pretty dark hair, and pretty darn loud!  I spent about 15 hours with her by myself and she slept only 3 of those hours!! So, we had lots of time to talk things over, sing and play and got lots of rocking in too.  She is being fed through a tube that goes in her nose down to her tummy. After she gains some more weight and gets stronger, they will run tests to see exactly whats going on with her.  The road ahead is going to be tough for her but not nearly as tough as the one shes been livin for the past 3 1/2 years. I'm so glad Shelly, Carrington's mom, allowed me to stay and love on her baby. She just blessed the socks off me!(stole that from you jill!) Thanks Shelly, may God bless you and your family and may He continue to strengthen this little princess.


Now, guess what I got in the mail today????!!!!! OUR VISAS!!! WOO HOO!!!!
Our dossier is in Great Britain as of today and that means it should be in country tomorrow.
So far everything(today!)is on track. 


Gabe playing


11 more days and we see our boy!! I just can't wait! Thanks for continuing to pray for Gabe and us. We are blessed and we are so thankful.



No comments:

Post a Comment