"I prayed for this child and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him" 1Samuel 1:27

Monday, March 14, 2011

BLESSED BEYOND WORDS


This little fellow doesn't know them yet, but he will.  Yes he will.  He will know every one of them and how they too, loved him, before he was even here. 

I am speaking of OUR CHURCH FAMILY.  What a blessing it has been for my family to become a part of this body of believers.  The first time we stepped foot in the door, they welcomed us with open arms and we felt as if we had always been there. 

Today, like every Sunday, LOVE filled the little chapel west of town  But today, that LOVE left me, almost speechless.  Childrens church today, was about a little boy named Gabe.  OUR GABE.  A storybook and a video, put together by a very talented and gifted member (thank you Kacy) of our church was shown, telling about the journey we are on to bring our new son home. And then after showing the video, our whole church all got up and gathered around us to pray for Gabe and all our family. I can't tell you how much that meant to us. You see our church family has put together a plan to raise funds to help us bring Gabe home.  Now, i'm going to be honest........this has taken me "out of my comfort zone" and I have really not known how to.....accept?.......this kind of love offering.......it just seems too much for them or anyone to do for us. Yes. I have had a hard time with this, but today......through my tears.....and their tears, I saw "their plan" in a whole new light.  You see, their plan, is not about helping me and Rick.  No.  It is not about us.  Their plan is, GOD'S PLAN. Its about love for one another. It's about "the least of these". It's about redemption. It's about THE CHURCH.......ONE BODY.......ONE GOD.   And everything we do......we do for HIM.

So with love and thankfulness in our hearts, we will graciously accept our church family plan to "LOVE GABE HOME."  And if God leads you to be a part of this, please know how grateful we are. You can visit Gabe's blog here or my blog right here. Thank you Believers Chapel.

 THE CHURCH............my CHURCH...............your CHURCH..............WE are the CHURCH.   I am so thankful to be a part of the FAMILY OF GOD.  

No comments:

Post a Comment