"I prayed for this child and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him" 1Samuel 1:27

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

NOT IN VAIN

Do you see this little boy???


Little Kiril was born with microcephaly (a small head) as a result of FAS (fetal alcohol syndrome).  He is considered significantly delayed.  He has brown hair and brown eyes, and so desperately wants to know life outside of this orphanage.  He is a darling little boy, and the orphanage director would so love to find a family for him soon.  He is able to stand, and can walk with help, but his speech is very delayed.  With therapy and a loving family and educational opportunities, Kirill has so much potential in life!

Every time I come across his picture, I see my Cole, when he was little. I know all about the "special needs" this child will have due to FAS. As I look at him, I can't help but wonder what he will be like in say, 13 yrs.

No.

Let me re-phrase that.

I KNOW what he will be like in 13 yrs UNLESS someone rescues him from the life he now knows.

When we went to bring Gabe home and spent time at the institution that he had been transferred to, I saw what this little guy will be in 13 yrs.

FAS has a lifetime sentence of its own, but being institutionalized for the rest of your life, because of this, and or for other reasons, is not only a lifetime sentence........its often a DEATH SENTENCE.

I saw what MY COLE MAN would have been, had God not put the opportunity before me to go get him, and he had stayed in an institution.
I wrapped my arms around boys who could of been my Cole.

I looked into eyes filled with tears, knowing, this could of been my Cole.

I listened with my own ears as Sergey proclaimed, "I'm a good boy.......a very good boy."  Take me, they whispered, knowing very well, they could have ALL been my Cole and now, my Gabe.

  My heart breaks just typing these words.

Is every day easy??

No.

Is every day worth it??

A million times, YES.

Cole struggles every day because of FAS and Autism. WE struggle every day with his special needs issues. Last night was one of the those that left us both in tears.

When I finally went to bed, the Lord and I spent some time together as I poured my heart out to Him, and this is what I woke up to this morning:


NOT IN VAIN

Stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 (NIV)

As I opened my devotional up to read, this was it! And the prayer focus was for "weary caregivers."


YOU DID IT AGAIN LORD!

YOU. WOWED. ME. AGAIN.

Thankful to serve an awesome, inspiring, loving, gracious God, who keeps my feet planted firmly in Him and lets me know, that all things work together for good, and our labors of love, when done in HIS NAME, will never be in vain.

Being mom to a child with special needs is not a piece of cake.



It's a piece of heaven :)

And sometimes when I forget.......my Lord is right on top of things and always shows me just what I need to PRESS ON and continue this journey.







1 comment:

  1. Kime, just beautifully written, & I feel sure that you have planted a thought to everyone who reads your blog post !!!!!!!!!! I know there are couples that may not can have a baby, but folks these thousands of children who have "special needs," their first & most important need is a loving Mama & Papa who will love them unconditional, & give them a "forever home."

    ReplyDelete