"I prayed for this child and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him" 1Samuel 1:27

Monday, August 22, 2011

MY ANGEL, GABRIEL

Wow, how do I describe this little guy so that you REALLY understand how lucky, how blessed, we are. He is laying here beside me napping and I've just been sitting here thinking...wow. He looks like a little angel. He is laying here with only his undies on and for the first time (without him squirmming and moving all over the place!) I can really take in the way God made him. He has beautiful little almond shaped eyes and long eyelashes, a mouthful of pearly whites, and the cutest little almost flat nose and blonde hair. His little keeled chest and each little rib, looks perfect to me. His hands, that he uses often to gesture things to us, are perfect with those little fat fingers. He has the cutest little short legs and fat flat feet!. He now weights a whopping 29 pds.(but the way he's been eating the last few days, that may have changed!) How could anyone think or even worse say,"this child is defective??" Yes, he does have an extra chromozone that not all of us have, but defective???? I BEG TO DIFFER. This child was carefully, lovingly, put together by God.  And MY God makes no mistakes.




I am so very thankful that God saw fit to not give up on me. Thank you Lord, for continuing to nudge my heart all those months ago, even when I tried to ignore your presence. Thank you for helping me to clearly see their faces on many long nights. Thank you for helping me hear their cries even when I turned a deaf ear. Thank you Lord for reminding me day after day, that it is NOT about me. It is about YOU, and that all things are possible when we focus on what YOU would have us do.

I said, "I DO want to make a difference."

You said, "Follow Me."

I said, "I'm scared." 

You said, " Fear not."

I said, "But Lord, I'm not worthy."

You said, "I love you anyway."


Why do we try to make things so hard when it comes to doing what God wants us to do??  A simple YES is all He needs.  And then HE does all the rest.  What a journey this has been.  And to think I could of missed it all had I listened to the things of this world.  I am nothing special. I'm just a plain ole, simple minded sinner, that said yes to God's adventure.  There are so many other little ones that need someone to say YES and bring them home too. Please remember Reece's Rainbow. There are lots of ways to help these kids even if you can't adopt.

COME ON......SAY YES!!  TAKE GOD'S ADVENTURE. YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID!!

Giggy and Gabe

We are heading home tomorrow, so if you find time would you send a prayer up for safe travels. Thanks guys for all your support and prayers during this journey. I will be posting more pictures and updates as we get home. I have soooooo very much to tell! Love you guys. And paise be to God for great things HE HAS DONE.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I cant wait to read all your stories!

    ReplyDelete