"I prayed for this child and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him" 1Samuel 1:27

Friday, August 12, 2011

FINALLY REST

It's amazing what a bit of coolness, quietness and a decent bed can do for the mind and body. I had the first good rest since being here, last night.  It was so good to finally sleep for sevral hrs. without waking.  Today,(Sat.) will be a day of rest for us.  We plan on making good use of it!!  We are back in Vladivostok until Tuesday, getting Gabe's passport, and then will return to Nakhodka and pick him up, then come back here until Thursday. We will then fly to Moscow for a week and then home.  Still a ways to go, but I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Life here is so different than home.   I feel very fortunate, yet somewhat guilty too.  It's hard to make sense of it all.  In a way, I almost envy their lack of worldly things.  I don't know.  As I said, I'm still trying to process it all. 

The same goes for the orphanage.  I have different views about that and am definitely still trying to process that.  I will share more in that area after I have Gabe and begin the journey home. (well actually, it will probably be after we get home. Not thinking I'm going to have much time once I get that little fellow with me!) But for now, I just wanted to share some pictures of this precious one and a few others.  Again, thank you so much for your continued support and prayers.  You are so apart of this and I hope that you have been or will be blessed by something you see or read here.  It has been an amazing journey so far and theres still much more to go. Blessings to you and yours.


In Nakhodka, right next to our hotel was the TEXAS SALOON! They couldn't believe WE were actually texans! Good food and yes.....a COLD texas beer.








Nakhodka from our hotel window







Gabe







1 comment: