"I prayed for this child and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him" 1Samuel 1:27

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

FUN DAY

Only 4 more days until we take off on our 1st trip to see our little guy. I can't believe I just wrote that!!!
Last week was a crazy week with me traveling here and there every day of the week. I was pooped by Friday for sure. And now here it is this week and I STILL have things to get done before we go. BUT, today was a good day! A friend and I went to pick up afew things for the kids at the orphanage. It was fun getting them some new clothes( which are soooo cute AND on clearance!!) and picking up some supplies for the orphanage too. If it had been left up to me though, I would probably still be there trying to decide which ones to get! Thanks Jill, for taking the bull by the horns and "gettin er done!!" We had lots of fun.

4 more days. Wow! It just doesn't seem real yet. I'm not sure when it WILL feel real. Maybe when I actually see him in the flesh. Maybe when I actually touch him. Maybe when I actually set foot on "their" soil. I don't know. But I'm ready! I am so ready.

Thanks to you all who are continuing to follow our story and to those who are supporting us with prayers, kind words of encouragement, and donations. We appreciate it so much.  You are a part of this story too!

One of the things I got for Gabe today is this. We are going to leave it with him so it can soak up the smells of the orphanage. And then when we go back to get him, to bring him home, I hoping that having Leo to cling to, with the familiar smell of the orphanage, will some how help Gabe and give him comfort.  His little world is going to be turned upside down when we take him from the only place he has ever known. That makes me sad, but I know he will be ok and it will just take alittle time for him to thrive in his new environment. Meet LEO the LION!!!! I know he has never had a stuffed animal of his own. I hope he likes him!

LEO the LION

1 comment:

  1. Kime, He is a big lion, please take a picture of Gabe & Leo the Lion, he (lion) may be bigger than Gabe. I can't believe this day has come, I pray that everything will go smoothly for the three of you, give him a big kiss for me. We will check on Cole every day, I know Jayla & Junior will take very good care of him. I wish I could go with you & Rick, we will be lifting you up to our FATHER GOD who has made these plans possible...........i love you to the stars & back, mom

    ReplyDelete