"I prayed for this child and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him" 1Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I WILL CELEBRATE


Don't you just love it when God gives you those reminders that He is the one in control and all we have to do is just enjoy the ride??!!


Well it was one of those mornings when the kids didn't want to get out of bed and when they finally did, they just poked along and nothing......n.o.t.h.i.n.g. would hurry them up.


So, as I finally herded them into the car, with me trying to carry my coffee (thank goodness for coffee!), mamaw's clean laundry, my keys, my phone, and Gabe's back pack (because he wouldn't put it on) and Cole hollering because "WE'RE GONNA BE LATE.....I GONNA GET WROTE UP!!!"........we were finally at least in the car.


But the fight wasn't over. After refusing to move until ALL got on their seatbelts....we finally pulled out of the carport and headed into town.


And yes......running late!!


Now, all this was enough to get my blood boiling but not until the fussing and fighting over what music we listened to did I really express my unhappiness.  :)


And since Cole had his earrphones on anyway (so why did he care what other music was playing!), I opted to go with THE SAME CD......SAME SONGS, OVER AND OVER, that Gabe wanted to listen to.


But remember......my attitude was in the gutter cause things had not run like I like them to run on school mornings.


Enters the favorite CD.


Like always, we did The Wise Man Built His House Upon the Rock, maybe twice, and when it ended, I was ordered to put it on the next favorite. Again.


Precious little Gabe can be a bossy little toot at times!


So, after listening and going back a couple times and re-listening, I had had enough.


As the song ended again and I was just fixing to bark, "THAT'S IT.  NO MORE."


That's when it happened.


Better yet, that's when He happened.


The song ended and there was silence. No hollering, "mom, push."(meaning push the re-play button)


"What is he doing now?", I thought. And as the next song began to play (that never happens) I still heard nothing from my bossy little man.


That's when I looked in my rear view mirror and saw his little hand lifted high, swaying back and forth, to the next song on his favorite cd.


My eyes filled with tears as I watched him in my mirror, and listened to him sing what he could.


I WILL CELEBRATE, SING UNTO THE LORD

SING TO THE LORD A NEW SONG.

I WILL CELEBRATE, SING UNTO THE LORD

SING TO THE LORD A NEW SONG.

WITH MY HEART REJOICING WITH HIM

WITH MY MIND FOCUSED ON HIM

WITH MY HANDS RAISED TO THE HEAVENS

ALL I AM WORSHIPING HIM.


Right then in that moment, everything was put into perspective.

 I was so out of sorts cause things had not run smoothly and in order this morning.

I was out of sorts cause I felt out of control.

All the little trivial things that had me upset.

All those little things that mean.......... nothing.

Thank you Lord for reminding me whats MOST important.

Thank you for using one of the smallest and least in Your kingdom to make such an impact on my life.

Thank you for reminding me, through little hands held high in praise and worship, that when we keep our hearts and minds focused on You, the junk of this world,

will.not.take.us.down.


Today I choose to celebrate......how bout you?!






















1 comment:

  1. Yes, I can be tired & not feeling so good & I look back at that wonderful side walk (thank you, Rick) & here comes Gabe just prancing to my front door. Thank you Sweet JESUS for this precious child, what a wonderful gift you gave us..................

    ReplyDelete