"I prayed for this child and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him" 1Samuel 1:27

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

FREEDOM

Since we found out of Gabe's transfer, we have been pretty bummed around here to say the least.  Yes, we know it could be worse, we could of been told he is no longer available, no longer ours, or even the unspeakable.....deceased. Thank you Jesus, it was not one of these. But, our hearts are aching for him, more than ever.  My days seemed to be filled with nothing much more than thoughts and prayers for him.  And with the 4th of July coming(and now gone) I was constantly thinking about the word FREEDOM. More than ever before, this word, this priviledge we have.......well, its speaks volumes to me. I've always been grateful for the men and women who are and have, served our country and fought for our freedom. Many have given the ultimate price.....their life......so that others may live and live freely. Thinking about this made me think of John 15:13." Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." To do this, one must forget about themselves. They must become SELFLESS.

With us just celebrating 4th of July and our FREEDOM, I hope we remember not only the joys of having the freedom to do what WE (our own selves) want to do and the pleasures that we as Americans have but that we also see this and USE this freedom of ours not to serve us but to SERVE OTHERS.

"For you were called to freedom,
brethren;

Only do not turn your freedom
into an opportunity for the flesh,

but through love
serve one another."  
Galations 5:13

My little guy and so many others will never know this "freedom" unless we become selfless, forget our own wants, and go get them.

FREEDOM.....it has a whole new meaning for me now.

What's it mean to you?


Please continue to pray for Gabe and all the others who so desperately need a family to come for them. Remember Reece's Rainbow and go see how you can help even if you can't adopt one of these treasures.


"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked."  Luke 12:48

No comments:

Post a Comment