"I prayed for this child and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him" 1Samuel 1:27

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

THE Voice


"When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice." John 10:4


(My special boys from Lithuania and Russia)


One year ago, on that first March morning, I turned the page and the scripture above is what I read.
And this is what I wrote down on that page.

 "Coincidence????? No. I believe it's God telling me. 
I know His voice.......FOLLOW.   2013"

For months I had been fighting a silent battle. Not with who you think though.

 It wasn't God, but it was with those who also had my heart.

Matthew 10:34 -39 had become very personal. I finally knew and understood this verse like never before. 

34"Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth.  I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.(the word sword is used here as a metaphor for separation)
35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.  36 And a person's enemies will be those of his own house-hold.  37 Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.  38 And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.  39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

Simply put, Jesus doesn't want to be second or third in our lives.  He wants to be FIRST.
   UNO.   零.   Один.   Vienas.

NUMBER ONE!!!

And sometimes that means not seeing eye to eye with those we love the most.

Today, March the 3rd, I sat down and opened my devotional and saw the words, "WELL, HERE IT IS AGAIN! I HEAR YOU LORD!!! (written by me a year ago.)

I was referring to the what was said in my reading material that day. And I quote, "My sheep know My voice and follow Me wherever I lead."

Don't you just love His persistance.  BUT.........

IF WE DON'T PUT FORTH THE EFFORT TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM, WE MAY VERY WELL MISS HIS VOICE.

I don't want to miss His voice. 

Because if I had of missed it, I would of missed the opportunity to be mom to the two special boys at the beginning of this post.

And, I would of missed this little guy.



Following Jesus is sometimes tough.  Sometimes it's a lonely road.  But all the time,

IT IS WORTH IT. 

 And by the way. You never know what your obedience to God will do for others. Even when you fear losing some of the ones you love most.  God is much bigger and has a plan for EVERYONE.  And His timing is always perfect. (even when we think otherwise!)

I want to hear His voice.











No comments:

Post a Comment