"I prayed for this child and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him" 1Samuel 1:27

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Mulligan Stew Anyone???


A Common Stew for an Uncommonly Good Cause!”


When I first saw the words “Mulligan Stew” on an adoption blog last year, I knew it as only something to eat but didn't know the history behind it. So what did I do?? Googled it of course! And this is what I found..........Originally, during the Depression, the homeless would sleep in "Jungles". [Campsites near railways for the homeless] Traditionally, the "Jungles" would have a large campfire and pot into which each person would put in a portion of their food, thus giving each person a portion that was, hopefully, more tasteful and nutritious than his original portion, and making a larger quanity of it. Another words, they all shared what little they had, and when they put it all together, they were able to serve more people and, it tasted better.
So the sweet lady that writes the blog I was reading, being the humble servant she is, was thinking of another creative way to raise money for some orphan kiddos that were weighing heavy on her heart. She had thought and thought, and one day while walking out of the house, “mulligan stew” popped into her head. She did a little research on it and decided this would be the perfect name for a giveaway that she had been planning. She was wanting to raise money and bring awareness to orphans, and some deserving families that had stepped out in faith to adopt these special kids. The rest is now history!
My friend Julia has invited over 100 people to sit at her table and has collected over 100 ingredients to go into her big pot of stew. That's SEVEN families adopting SEVENTEEN children....... TWELVE WAITING children........and 110 LOST BOYS. (I wrote about the “lost boys” in another story) and over ONE HUNDRED ingredients (items already donated to be given away) simmering in the pot.
Just like during the Depression, a big pot of stew can feed alot of needy people. And there are lots of needy orphans and families adopting orphans that need us to throw something into the simmering pot of stew. Could you throw something in??? A small amount, when added with other amounts, can multiply into a very large helping.
There are alot of great items to be drawn for at the end of this “Mulligan Stew Giveaway.” I-Pad, Kindle Fire, $500 gift cards, $100 gift cards, Wii-U, and many, many more things. The total value of all things to be given away is over $5,000.
Each child and each family adopting a child has a story to tell. If you are willing to pull up a chair and dine with “the least of these”, you will be truly blessed.
For details on how YOU CAN HELP and get your name in on the drawing for some really nice gifts, you need to go to Micah Six Eight or www.covenantbuilders.blogspot.com.

Don't miss out on this opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus. You will be blessing some precious kiddos and some really awesome families, and I promise.......YOU TOO WILL BE BLESSED.

“The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'”



1 comment:

  1. Kime, I'm so sorry that I have not looked at your blog since your last posting. I could have had this blessing over 15 days ago. My tears are rolling, you bless me in so many ways, but most of all with your children & my precious grandchildren. Each one in a different way, I may be wrong, but I think each of the four have needed me at one time or another & I have needed them. You will never know how much I love them. Cole still needs me & Gabe most certainly needs MeMe & Little Momma, there is no doubt in my mind that MeMe & myself are his "best buddies" I don't think the kids his age would put up with his bossy ways. When he walked in the front door this afternoon he hardly shut the door & he had me out of the recliner & into my W/C & crying out "lets play & brought his red pickup & the black pickup for me & we got down to business, we washed both pickups at least 20 times. I thank you & Rick for sharing Gabe with this old granny. God is so good all the time & I certainly do not deserve HIS love & blessings, but through my book "Jesus Calling" Enjoying Peace in HIS Presence................

    My love to you & your family,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete